« Home 

Thursday, January 13, 2005 

Brother in Law falls Ill

Last week my brother in law Ernie fell ill when he had a stroke. It was a huge surprise for all of us as we had just spent Christmas and New Years together and of course there wer no signs of anything. Ernie is 48 years old and has a wife, and two great boys one who is 19 and one who is 17. He is also a great uncle to my two children and a great brother to me.

After seeing him in the hospital, I could not help but feel how fragile our existence is and how precious our time here is. We need to make the most of it in both our family and our relationships.

We all hope Ernie the best in his recovery, and we will do our best to help him and his family get through this challenge.

Take care Ernie, our thoughts and prayers are with you.....


Welcome to the "blogosphere" Greg. I look forward to reading your "happenings."

I can relate to your situation somewhat. Three of my mom's older siblings have passed away; two from cancer and one from a heart attack. I fear for mom's health as well as my own. We really do have to value each and every day of our lives.

My prayers are with you, your family and with Ernie and his family.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Greg
  • From Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • I am a 40 year old proud Canadian, happily married to a terrific and beautiful woman. I am also the proud father of a 5 year old boy , and a 7 year old daughter.
My profile