« Home | » | I don't know what the title is » | Happy Mothers Day Mom! » | See Ya! » | Blue Jays 2006 » | Orange Crush » | What kind of soda am I? » | Leaf Game » | Criminal Minds Website » | Kirby's Gone » 

Saturday, July 22, 2006 

How will I be remembered?

My good freind Al had a post this week about how his kids would remember him, which reminded me of some wisdom I inherited long ago. I was not sure if I read it or was told by someone, but that periodically you should sit back and imagine how your uelogy would sound if you died that day.

Al mentioned that his friend stated that his dad was an unbelievably selfless guy, who always put the family first. Who wouldn't like to be described that way?

The wisdom I received I have put to use a few times and didn't always like the result. A couple of years ago I was ashamed of how it sounded and it included many of the following:

Put work first, short tempered, always complaining, didn't have time for his kids, motivated by money. OK we all know that Uelogies always include only the good stuff, but they would have had trouble finding the good.

Today I have improved on many, thanks Al for reminding me of this wisdom so I can keep improving.