« Home | Leaf Season Starts » | Training camp starts soon! » | How will I be remembered? » | » | I don't know what the title is » | Happy Mothers Day Mom! » | See Ya! » | Blue Jays 2006 » | Orange Crush » | What kind of soda am I? » 

Friday, October 13, 2006 

Tim Hortons Problem


I have like many Canadians frequenty Timmy's on an obsessively frequent basis for years, and have given my order wich started out as a "Medium Regular" evolved to a "Large double double" and is currently a "Large Decaf double cream" on a fathful basis for years.

I am sure I average a tims a day, for the last 5 years (5 x 365 = 1825) which calculates out to more than 1800 cups of coffee, and until recently I have never received the wrong order. Other than occasionally being out of decaf was the only annoyance, and that is usually solved within 5 minutes.

Like most I am usually grabbing my coffee on the go, and behind schedule and therefore frequent the drive thru most of the time.

So here I am after having gone through the drive thru, and a mile or two up the road, opening my coffee and tasing someone elses triple triple or some other overly sweet concoction. Now should I go back? No I can't I need to be someplace, so I chalk it up to a simple mistake and since I have had over 1800 cups in a row without a problem, I forgive them and live without my coffee.

A couple of days later at the same drive thru, same deal a couple of miles up the road, and bam. Same overly sweet and probably non decaf. Now I am more perterbed, and seriously think about going back, but again forgive, and move on.

Everything goes fine after this for a couple of weeks, long enough for me to have forgotten, until same scenario and bam, wrong again. Do I go back? No (chicken?) No, just don't like confrontation. Frustrated? yes...oh....yes, if you would have been with me you would have seen an ugly sight.

What will I do? Go to a competitors? Coffee Time, Country Style? Good luck finding one, never mind with a drive thru.

So from now on I taste it before I drive away. Yes that is me in front of you who you think should have driven away already, carefully tasing my coffee, burning my tongue and holding up the line up.

For now I am stuck, with scalded tongue, addicted to tims, and the drive thru.

And what is with the 1.39 for a large. Can't we round up to 1.40?????

Sometimes life is not fair!

Couldn't agree more on everything you've said.

I find this fabulous. I'm an asst manager at a Timmy's and I think it's one of the most frustrating aspects of my job, trying to teach brand new employees how to read "DD" or "2C3S" or "1/2SW2M" or any combination thereof. If everyone spoke Tims' life would be so much easier, because whomever holds that little black marker with the white lead, holds the key to the cups secrets...

And I do that as well. At my own store.. I taste it before I leave. :)

Post a Comment