« Home | Outlaw hits to the head in all Hockey » | Tim Hortons Problem » | Leaf Season Starts » | Training camp starts soon! » | How will I be remembered? » | » | I don't know what the title is » | Happy Mothers Day Mom! » | See Ya! » | Blue Jays 2006 » 

Thursday, November 30, 2006 

911 morning

Yesterday as I drove up from Lorne Park I received a call from a potential customer of mine as as we ended the conversation I pulled off the road into a vacant lot to write down his address and phone number. As I hung up I noticed a car had pulled into the vacant lot beside me. This caught me by surprise as there is no real reason to pull into this lot.

As I backed up and drove off I looked closely at the people in the car and realized they were an older couple, somewhat relieved I drove off. As I was exiting the lot I had second thoughts, as something seemed strange so I circled back and asked the lady if they needed any help.

By this time they were out of the car and the man was leaning on his door. The lady replied that even though the man might be mad, that they did need help. I offered to call 911 and she agreed. After calling and getting on the phone with the dispatcher, we were assured that help was on the way. Within a couple of minutes we had two ambulances and a fire truck on the scene.

They immediately put the man into one ambulance, and within a few minutes they were off. The second ambulance took the lady, and I was left there with the firemen.

I thanked them for coming so fast and the fireman asked me if I was with them and after I explained that I wasn't and my role, he thanked me for my good deed.

As I drove away I realized how good I felt that I had helped this couple and I hope everything turned out well. I did not even get their names so I probably will never know......

Nicely done Greg! That sounds like a "east coast" thing to do!!!!
So often people are so wrapped up in themselves that they just move on without a second glance.

Best wishes for a happy holiday's to you and yours!

Mark "Twister" Isbister

Post a Comment